Tuesday, 11 November 2008

Reel life

It's time for me to put together a show reel. Another contract over, my 2nd year at Firehorse and my 3rd year working after graduation, and I think I finally have enough work to put together into a reel. This year I was fortunate to be working under Luis Limaco who reintroduced me to the principles of animation after I fell into a "just get it done" mentality through 2007. His patient guidance and mentoring really helped me improve my craft.

As I mentioned earlier, another contract is over and it's time to put together a showreel. As I don't think there'll be another season of work at Firehorse, and what seemed a general shortage of 2D work this year, I'm considering looking for a regular retail job and continuing with animation as a hobby or part-time thing. Let's see how work is like after the Summer Break ends and studios start new projects.

No comments: